Thursday, October 28, 2010

Uninspired

I’ve been pretty uninspired to write anything lately. I don’t know why. We’ve had a lot going on and it seems that the more that happens, the less I feel like writing.


I just got back from a three day business trip to Washington DC. It was a whirlwind and I’m not sure completely worth my time. I missed Roger and Kaelyn like crazy, as I always do when I’m away from them. I finally got home at midnight last night and was never so happy to be sleeping in my bed next to my husband. It truly felt like I had been gone a lifetime. Kaelyn cut another tooth while I was gone and seems to have grown another inch!

This last week since being back from our family vacation has been extremely busy for all of us, but we still managed to spend time doing the things we enjoyed. The biggest thing that happened is that we found a renter for our other house, which is a huge relief. It seemed like forever, but it was only empty for three weeks. I can handle that! We were busy making sure the house was ready and our renters moved in a couple of days ago. I had wanted to go to Apple Hill last weekend to visit the pumpkin patch, walk around and enjoy the fall weather. Unfortunately, it rained the whole time. Instead, we stayed home while I made some homemade noodles and chicken soup. Vickie spent the day with us on Sunday and made over 100 chocolate chip cookies. To my surprise, there were still some left when I got home last night…not what I expected nor what I needed!

Kaelyn is also pretty much back to normal. She listens to us again and doesn’t whine and complain as much as she did when we first returned from our trip. So, it seems that it takes an average of one day of “retraining” to undo the damage of each day of spending time with grandparents. That will be good to know for future visits!

I’m really looking forward to this holiday season…it will be busy, but so much fun at the same time. Halloween is already this weekend. Kaelyn will be Strawberry Shortcake and is wearing a handmade dress and hat that Klara made for her for her birthday. I can’t wait to get the pictures of her. With her red curly hair, she will look like the cutest little doll! We should have good weather too…which is nice.

We’re still trying to decide what to do for Thanksgiving. We have been invited to spend the holiday with Vickie’s family, but really want to spend time at home and I love cooking the meal. We just don’t know who we’d invite to join us, if anyone…although we would like it to be more than just us.

Other than that, I don’t have much to say….like I said, I’m just not feeling very inspired….

No comments:

Post a Comment