Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

We spent most of the weekend waiting for the rain that was promised us…happily, it never showed up and the fall weather, though a little chilly on Saturday felt, refreshing and sweet.


By the time I left work on Friday, I was both physically and mentally exhausted. The trip to DC earlier in the week, coupled with the fact that my project schedule has been accelerated by a year pretty much had me beat (I’m better now). Roger picked me up from work a little after 4 (my car is in the shop with a bad clutch) and he, Kaelyn and I went to pick out our pumpkins for carving and get something for dinner since neither of us felt like cooking. We were late with the pumpkins this year, mainly because of all the traveling we did this month, but at least we got them and were able to carve them.

After dinner, the plan was to carve our pumpkins, but I just couldn’t muster up enough energy to do it. Instead, we settled on picking out our patterns (witch brewing in the moonlight for me, and really freaky skull for Roger) and cleaning the pumpkins out so they would be ready in the morning. After Kaelyn went to bed, we put in a scary movie, got out the tequila, and relaxed the rest of the night. I never even got a shot in…I was so tired, that I fell asleep during the movie and didn’t wake up until Saturday morning! Roger, bless him, slept on the couch, sitting up, next to me, because he didn’t want to wake me up to go to bed.

Saturday was relaxing as well. We were expecting it to rain so just sat around at home waiting for it to come. We did take a walk to the park next door and went to a deli to get some meats and cheeses for sandwiches that night, but that was pretty much it. We carved our pumpkins, roasted the seeds, and just hung out at home.

Halloween was as good as I hoped it would be. OMG! Kaelyn was so adorable in her strawberry shortcake costume. We were even able to get some pictures of her with her hat on…which was a feat in and of itself! She had no idea what was going on, but loved all the attention she got. Klara and Forrest came over and handed out candy with us. I made some apple turnovers just before trick or treating started and they were still hot when we came back. We enjoyed eating and sharing them with the parents that brought their kids around.

Around 9pm Halloween was over. The first major holiday of the fall season is behind us…now the rush begins. Thanksgiving is just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment