Saturday, July 31, 2010

A whole lot of nothing

I was really hoping Kaelyn would sleep in this morning (no such luck).  I have been so tired this week!  Of course, I can't complain too much.  I have a good job, a nice house, a family.  So much more than other people have...especially in this economy.

I have a friend who is going through somewhat of a tough time right now.  Her attitude is great, but there's a lot of change on the horizon and it makes her sad.  There's the uncertainty of the future.  I know what that feels like and when I hear her talk about it, my heart aches for her...yet, at the same time, I'm so grateful that Roger and I have the security we need.  I don't think a lot of people realize how nice security is...at least not until it's gone.

Our friend, Lance, gave us a beautiful children's table and chair set.  It belonged to his mother and I'm honored that he's passing it down to us.  Kaelyn isn't really old enough to use it yet, but I like it so much, I want to put in her room now.  Unfortunately, her room is not huge and it's already full.  This means that I have to clean out her closet, so that I can move her toy shelves in there and make room for the table.  I've wanted to store most of her toys in the closet for months now anyway.  I'll probably work on this sometime this weekend.

We are going to the West Point party thing today.  I'm still not really looking forward to it, but Roger is.  He says it sounds like fun.  I don't know why he thinks hanging out with a bunch of old West Pointers that we don't know sounds like fun, but I'm giving it a go.  Steve will be there and he's a great guy.  I think that Roger just wants to hang out with Steve...but if that's the case, I would tell him to just invite him over for dinner one night and they can hang out in the back yard and smoke cigars.

After the party, our plan is to meet friends at the State Fair.  I'm really looking forward to this.  I love the State Fair!  I don't know why, but I do.  I especially like seeing the farm animals.  Every year, I can either witness a birth (I can't always stomach this), or at least marvel at the first few moments of a newborn's life...which is awesome.  Especially the calves who try to stand for the first time.  It's exhilerating when they finally make it!

I've noticed a pattern with me and Roger.  We go for a two to three weeks where we cram as much as we possibly can into a weekend...or in some cases, into a Saturday.  Exhaust ourselves and then spend one weekend where we don't even have the energy to get dressed.  This is the second weekend in a row where we are planning to do two events in one day and also want to spend a day cooking healthy meals for the week.  It will be very very tiring.

I have a hard week coming up at work.  I'm more looking forward to it only for the fact that I'll get through it.  The hard week has nothing to do with hard work...or where I work.  Just something difficult (on my patience) that I have to deal with in regards to my project.  I have a feeling that next Friday night will include a lot of wine!

I've also decided to join Weight Watchers at work.  It's a good deal and the time commitment for meetings is minimal.  Half an hour once a week.  My first meeting is during lunch on Tuesday.  I'm looking forward to this because I know it works.  The baby weight had been coming off, but it's stalled.  It's because I'm not really trying to hard.  I have a week or two of doing well, then stop.  Weight Watchers will give me the motivation tools I need every week...so it will be difficult to slack off without being thoroughly embarrassed.  This is what I need.

Roger is awake now.   I think I'll make him breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment