Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Changing It Up

As someone with naturally curly hair, I learned early in life that there's a very small window of opportunity in which to make it look good.  The first 20 minutes after getting out of the shower is crucial.  I comb through my wet hair, put product in it, and wait...hoping that when it dries, it looks right.  If it doesn't, my only choices are to put it up in a ponytail or get back in the shower and start over.

That being said, for as long as I can remember, I've been a morning showerer.  Taking a shower at night is only possible if I don't plan to do anything with my hair the next day...otherwise, if I try to leave it down, it's just a frizzy mess.  When I was working out on the Bay Bridge, I would be so filthy when I got home, that I would jump right in the shower...and so tired, that I would go straight to bed.  I slept really well back then, but I attributed that to working so hard...and being pregnant.  Once I had Kaelyn and returned back to a more normal schedule, I switched back to showering in the morning. 

The other night, after I gave Kaelyn her bath and put her to bed, I took a moment to just stare at her.  She smiled at me sleepily, and looked so comfortable...clean, in her pajamas, snuggled in for a good night's sleep.  I suddenly craved the very same thing.  Like I said, my sinuses have really been bothering me lately, so I haven't been sleeping that well.  I told Roger that I was going to take a shower and go to bed early.  The night shower was exactly what the doctor ordered.  It didn't permanantly cure my sinuses, but the steam did help them temporarily, and for whatever reason...I'd like to think because of the shower...I slept like a baby that night.

I can count on one hand the number of times I've bothered to style my hair since Kaelyn was born.  Most of the time, I'm not motivated to do anything more than throw it up in a pony tail or a braid.  And I don't see me changing my ways anytime soon...though I'm starting to grow tired of being boring and predictable.  Until I go get my hair done by a professional, I've made the decision to start showering at night.  Sleep well.  It makes all the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment