Monday, January 24, 2011

Finally Better

I am finally seeing the light at the end of the sickness tunnel! After fighting a cold for what seems like forever, it looks like I finally have it beat. I can breathe, I’m not coughing, and best of all, my ears aren’t clogged!


Of course, getting better came at the expense of us doing anything this weekend. Saturday, I had zero energy. Roger took care of Kaelyn and I tried my best to relax. Of course, I still had to clean the kitchen and bathroom and do at least one load of laundry. I was hoping that instead of Roger complaining about me straining myself, he would do the chores himself, but no such luck. He did take care of all the cooking (and cleanup from that) and all the diaper changes. I can’t complain too much.

Sunday was a bit better. I was starting to feel more energized and decided to do some cooking. Roger did go to the grocery store for me and helped me cook one of the dishes. I’m on this “cook once eat all week” kick. I want us to have variety in our diet, but I don’t have time to cook elaborate meals during the week. Devoting Sunday afternoons to cooking isn’t that much of a sacrifice. I love cooking…I just wish I had time to make something every day. Last night we had grilled pork chops topped with grilled nectarines and sweet red onions….and a side of couscous. It was delicious. I also roasted a chicken that I stuffed with couscous and almonds. We’ll eat that tonight and I’ll probably make a soup of some sort with the leftovers later in the week.

Kaelyn did the cutest thing this weekend. While I was lying on the couch, half sleeping, half trying to find the energy to get up, Roger and Kaelyn were playing on the floor. I was dozing off when I heard Kaelyn grunt. Then she kept grunting. I opened my eyes and saw that she had taken the blanket I normally cuddle up with from its place under the side table and was dragging it over to me. She was grunting because she was trying to lift it up and put it over me. How sweet! When I realized what she was doing and helped her with the blanket, I gave her a big hug and told her what a good girl she is. She was beaming with pride! Then she decided to bring me all her toys, her sippy cup, and dragged her little rocking horse over to me too. I love my little girl!

Nothing else to report. It was a quiet weekend. But exactly what I needed. I feel better now and that’s worth giving up a weekend for.

No comments:

Post a Comment