Thursday, December 30, 2010

The One About the Weather

The weather has been pretty icky lately. Rain, wind, and general misery. No joke, as I was driving the other day to pick up Kaelyn, at 4:30pm, it was pitch black outside from the clouds. Neither the cat nor the dog was happy to go outside (at least the cat had the option of staying…poor Buckeye had no choice!)


I don’t suffer from SAD, but I will say that good weather does make me a little bit happier. When I’m already tired and stressed and the weather is gray and cloudy, then it does nothing to lift my spirits…if it’s sunny, it will make me feel better.

A few weeks ago, I welcomed the bad weather. I needed a good excuse to just sit around the house and not go anywhere. But, things have calmed down considerably since then and now, I’m antsy to get out and clean up the yard, visit friends, and take day trips. Luckily, the last few days, the sun has been back out, but it’s been COLD!! The high tomorrow is only 47 degrees, and it looks like the new year is just going to start with more rain.

I’m still hoping to clean up the yard tomorrow. Be productive on my day off and start the new year with a clean house and nice yard. We’re planning on going to a friend’s house to ring in 2011. Kaelyn gets to come with us, which is great, because I’m not willing to start the year without all of us together.

This will probably be my last post of 2010. Sorry it’s not more profound. Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment