Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Uggh!

Now it’s my turn to be sick. Yuck. It’s my sinuses. I guess how it started for Roger. But, I absolutely cannot let myself get as sick as he did. Now that he’s better, we need to all just stay healthy. Especially Kaelyn. I’m really hoping that her flu shot saves her from the yearly colds/flues that Roger and I tend to get.


Yesterday, my sinuses caused a massive headache. I managed to get through the work day, but had to call Roger and ask him to pick up Kaelyn so I could just go home and go to bed. Luckily, he got off work a little early (4) so they weren’t home too late. I fell asleep around 5, woke up briefly at 8:30 to kiss Kaelyn good night and didn’t wake up again until the alarm went off this morning. I feel much better. The headache is gone, but I’m still a little “off”. Tonight, I’ll try to wind down a little early, drink Theraflu (works like a charm!) and head this off before it gets any worse.

My goal this week is to get the Christmas packages mailed off to my parents and brother. I’m ahead this year. I already have all the presents purchased. Roger stayed up late last night printing pictures for my Grandmother’s photo album and I have some more pictures to get online tonight for my parents. Then all that’s left is wrapping, packaging and going to the post office. If I can get the boxes ready tonight, then I’m thinking I can drop them off sometime tomorrow or Friday after work. The hardest part of Christmas will be over!

I’m trying very hard to get into the Christmas spirit. It’s been a little difficult with Roger being sick over Thanksgiving break and me not feeling too well now. I feel like I’m behind with everything even though I’m totally ahead of where I usually am this time of year. Roger’s birthday is on Friday and I’m throwing him a poker tournament/party on Saturday. I’m not prepared for that at all. Plus, we want to get our tree up and the house decorated before everyone comes over. If we wait until Saturday morning, then I’ll be scrambling all day, but if we do it Friday night, then it would interfere with the plans I have for taking Roger out to dinner…just the two of us. I don’t know, yet, what we’ll we do, but as always, I know it will all get done.

I want to take Kaelyn to see Santa this year. I feel really guilty, because with how much I work and with Roger now working a “regular” job, I don’t feel like we have time. Our best bet is to take her after work one day. Roger and I both work near the mall, but Kaelyn’s sitter is all the way in Folsom, so it will be difficult to get her there…or at least in a good mood. She’ll be hungry and not in any mood to wait in line and have her picture taken. I’m hoping that we can work something out either this Sunday or next weekend. Stacy is talking about visiting. I might be able to talk her into coming with us to take Kaelyn to see Santa.

With all the stuff I feel like I have to get done, I know that probably by the end of this week, we’ll be all Christmased up. Packages will be sent. At least my shopping will be done (save for a few more things for Roger). The house will be decorated. At some point, we’ll make it over to Vickie’s for our annual holiday baking. That always gets me in the mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment