Friday, August 27, 2010

End of the Week Elation

It's Friday!  These last two weeks have been so long...I'm really looking forward to relaxing this weekend.  I'm also feeling very very content with things right now.  It's not that I wasn't content before, but between work and parenting an infant, it's hard to see sometimes how good I have it.  Roger and I have a great life and we have security.  There is something so fulfilling in security.  And last night, I realized that we don't have a lot to worry about right now.  That's what makes me content.  I know things may not always be this way, so I'm going to do everything I can to maximize my enjoyment now.

Last night, while Roger was taking a practice test for his contractor's licence, Kaelyn and I went to our friend Klara's house to visit her daughter, Elle, who is leaving for college tomorrow.  The main purpose of the visit was to talk to Elle for a few minutes, deliver a gift, and spend some quality time with her before she leaves.  We won't be seeing her again until Christmas. 

We ended up looking through cake books so I can get some ideas for Kaelyn's birthday cake. There's so many cute things out there.  I have been starting to think that I'll just give up and order one, but I have renewed motivation since last night.  And a lot more fear!  I really need to practice. 

Tomorrow, I think I'll go get some supplies (Klara has given me some also) and spend the day baking and decoration cakes.  I think Vickie is coming over to keep me company and encourage me, so here's hoping that I actually do it this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment