Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Planning the First Plane Trip

I haven't been able to talk about this, because I'm surprising most of my family (except my parents), but I don't think they read this blog...so, I'll mention it here.

We finally found affordable airfare!  We will be in Florida and Ohio in October.  I'm a little (ok a lot) nervous about this because it will be the first time we fly with Kaelyn.  I'm actually a little disappointed that we couldn't plan a trip sooner and get her accustomed to flying before she turned a year old, but that's just how it worked out.  She's a great traveler in the car, so here's hoping that translates to planes.

On another note....last night we had some friends visit.  Chip came over to install a phone line in our garage (aka Roger's workshop and man cave) and Michele, his wife, joined him for a visit.  A couple of months ago she left for a mission trip to Uganda and just returned about three weeks ago.  This was the first time I've seen here since she left for her trip.  She looks, sounds, and acts like a different person.  But in a very good way.  She was awesome before, but she found a purpose in Uganda.  It's wonderful to see.  I won't share her story here, because it's not my place and I won't do it justice, but that trip was great for her...and for those she helped.

There's not much else to write today.  I have to get ready for work.  I'm going back to Reno, but this time I'm not spending the night.  I don't mind the day trips, even if the days are long.

No comments:

Post a Comment