Sunday, August 8, 2010

Procastination

The only reason why I'm writing today is because I'm procrastinating from what I'm really supposed to be doing...baking a practice cake.  Actually, the cake part is no big deal.  What I need practice on is the decorating.  I bought ingredients to make a marshmallow fondant yesterday.  I've never worked with fondant but think it's my best bet to make something pretty.  I told myself that I would bake the cake and make the fondant yesterday, but I didn't.  I'm supposed to be doing it today, but I'm not.

Our vacuum cleaner isn't working.  I discovered this yesterday morning as I started vacuuming our very heavily traveled hallway.  Roger took a look and discovered it needs a new belt.  Home Depot and Walmart are both busts for having the right one, so we decided to just order one online.  Well, it's $3.95 for a belt...and it's $3.95 to ship it.  Ridiculous.  We'll try Target today, then if they don't have it, I'll look for a vacuum store to see if I can get it. Of course, now I irrationally think that the whole house needs vacuuming and it's driving me crazy that I can't vacuum.  The Rumba isn't good enough.  Roger says I'm seeing things.  I swear I'm not!

To procrastinate making the cake yesterday, I did a lot of cooking.  I made a shrimp and mango salsa salad that Roger won't eat because it's "weird diet food".  It's very delicious and I'm happy that I don't have to worry about him eating it all when I want to eat it all.  For dinner we had almond crusted pork chops that aren't as unhealthy as they sound.  And because I felt guilty about the cake, I baked home made crescent rolls for Roger...so proud of myself for not eating any!  Instead I stuffed myself on steamed green beans.  Yum!  Tonight, we're eating French Onion Soup which is good enough for Roger and I can make healthy enough for me.  I'm actually excited about it.  Easy, delicious goodness. 

I'm also in the midst of making up a new recipe for salmon.  I'll test it out sometime this week.  I already know I'm going to need the stress relief.  If ever there is a good thing about not baking is that I more than make up for it in cooking.

I hear Kaelyn waking up for her nap, so I'll go for now.  Maybe Roger will make us some breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment