Thursday, August 12, 2010

More Procrastination

I keep telling myself that I'm going to make a cake so that I can practice using fondant.  I have boxed cake mixes waiting to be baked...as a side note, I do not like to eat food out of boxes, but for a practice cake when I'm on a diet, it's good enough.  Roger has no problem eating food out boxes...or spam...yuck!

Anyway, I was so tired by the time I left work, I knew there was no way I was going to get to it.  Instead, I called a friend of mine and had her convince me that it's not too hard.  She sent me a recipe, but also let me know where I can buy it.

Roger had worked all day too, but he still found the time and energy to install an outdoor ceiling fan on our back patio, and run the electrical to make it work! (We cleaned out our junk drawer this weekend and found a Home Depot gift card that still had $50 on it!)  I made some left-overs for dinner and we had a nice meal together.

After dinner, Kaelyn was a little cranky.  It was only because she wanted constant attention.  A mood she gets in every now and then and if she notices Roger and I talking to each other instead of her, she cries.  It's something I'm trying to break her of.  She's very social, but she needs to learn that she can't always be the center of attention.  Anyway, I decided to play with her a little bit on the floor...which is usually enough for her to get distracted with a toy and allow Roger and I to finish our thoughts. 

Our neighbors ended up coming over for a visit though.  Their 3 year old was riding her bike with her dad and apparently told him that she wanted to talk to us, so they came over...followed by her mom and 7 week old brother.  So, Kaelyn got to be the center of attention after all!  Katie (the 3 year old) went through a book I have on our counter called "Cupcake Fun" and was showing Kaelyn the pictures and describing them to her. 

After that, we went out front (not sure why) and talked quit a bit in the front yard.  Our neighbors gave us a little toy to borrow for Kaelyn.  It is supposed to give her something to hold on to as she helps pull herself up, which is something she's getting better at...but she doesn't have anything really that she can get a good grip on.  This should help. 

I had a sweet moment with her then...she saw the toy and I pointed to it and said "look Kae, isn't that nice!" She got super excited at that moment and turned to me, grabbed my cheeks and planted a big kiss on them before she turned back around to reach for this toy.

By the time we all went inside, it was past Kaelyn's bath time.  I gave her a quick one then put her to bed.  She was out immediately and Roger and I got a few moments to relax together...maybe 30 minutes.

Tonight, I'm headed back up to Reno for a board meeting tomorrow morning.  This time Roger and Kaelyn are coming too!

No comments:

Post a Comment