Monday, February 7, 2011

Another Super Bowl Party

There are few things in this life that I enjoy more than having people over. I get so much joy out of friends and family enjoying our home. Even through all the stress of getting the house cleaned, when I have a dog, cat, husband and toddler making a mess behind me, doing the shopping, and cooking the food, it’s all worth it to watch people truly have a good time when they come over. And to me, it’s what a house is good for…sharing it with others. I don’t think I can truly appreciate a place if I couldn’t see it through the eyes of people who don’t live there.


Roger and I have been so busy lately that our annual Super Bowl party seemed to sneak up on us out of nowhere. We spent all day Saturday preparing for it. Cleaning up the yard so we can take advantage of the awesome weather we’re having now, prepping the meat for the grill, making potato salad, making barbeque sauce, and cleaning up the house, had us exhausted. We (or at least Roger) stayed up pretty late. But, it was all worth it in the end. We managed to get the food cooked in time to actually enjoy our own party, and though I still don’t know who was actually playing the Super Bowl, I would call the party a huge success.

We’re getting bamboo floors installed today. I can’t wait to go home and see it! It was nice not having to worry about spilling things on the carpet yesterday and even nicer that some friends stayed after the party to help us clear everything out of the house. It was another late night, but it would have been even later if we didn’t have such wonderful friends. This morning, I’m tired, but it’s a good tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment