Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Cat is Allergic to The Dog

The cat is allergic to the dog.


Not really…but that’s what it seems like. She just won’t stop sneezing. She’s been sneezing since before Buckeye came to live with us and actually seemed better for a while, but it’s kicked into high gear again. She wheezes and snores. And it does seem worse when she’s around the dog.

I’m a terrible person, because I haven’t taken her to the vet yet. I’m sure she needs an antibiotic of some sort. She’s energetic, eats well, and seems to be normal except for the sneezing. And I know that even though she doesn’t act like she feels bad, cats are instinctive fakers when it comes to acting healthy.

So, that’s my goal this week. Take poor Itty to the vet.

Our weekend was pretty good, even though it didn’t start out that way. I was in a pretty horrible mood on Saturday. And while I have my suspicions, I don’t really know why. Kaelyn spilled my coffee on my new area rug in the family room. Buckeye was more excitable that usual, and Itty felt the need, for some reason, to sit behind me on the couch and sneeze in my face. Luckily, I got to escape for a few minutes to get my eyebrows waxed and by the time I got home, everyone had calmed down considerably…including me. We were pretty bored so we went to the mall…just like teenagers. We don’t know what to do, so let’s hang out at the mall.

It was really crowded for some reason…that has to be a good sign for the economy.

That night, after Kaelyn went to bed, Roger brought me tequila shots. I have to say that did help elevate my mood! Which was his goal…so it worked beautifully.

I was better the rest of the weekend. Got to relax with Kaelyn on Sunday while Roger went to install some thermostats at a friend’s house. We repeated our Saturday routine on Monday, except we went to my favorite kitchen store, Sur La Table! Ate lunch at a new favorite restaurant, then went shopping for a new coffee table. We didn’t find the coffee table, but we did find the swivel rocker chairs we’ve been looking for, for our back patio. Made the trip worth it!

I’m hoping for a relatively quiet week. I think it’s going to rain later…Oh spring, where are you! You’ve peeked through a few times, but when will you be here to stay?

Not much else to write about, so I’ll sign off for now…

No comments:

Post a Comment