Monday, February 15, 2010

Bella Piazza

As predicted, Roger and I spent the day yesterday working on the backyard (mostly him) and doing taxes (all me), then relaxed with a nice dinner and some of our favorite, La Pinta Pomegranate Tequila!

To make up for our "non-Valentine's Day", we decided to head out to our favorite local winery, Bella Piazza, today for a family picnic. We made sandwiches and packed up some fruit and macaroni salad, and everything that Kaelyn needs, then headed out for the roughly hour long drive to Plymouth.

The weather was perfect...70 degrees and sunny! We stopped at Bella Piazza first and picked up some chilled white wine for our picnic then headed to their sister winery, Villa Toscano, to eat. Unfortunately, they were doing the pasta buffet there, and it was way too crowded, so instead, we turned around and went right back to Bella Piazza, where we ate by their water fountains.

Lunch was delicious and I have to say that I love the easy going attitude of my husband. Spending the day relaxing with him and enjoying the good weather was exactly what I needed and the perfect end to a long weekend.

Earlier this morning, I had the brilliant idea of taking some pictures of Kaelyn in wine-country. I put a really cute dress on her and was really looking forward to getting some more good pictures...but, of course, she decided that she would sleep the whole trip! And woke up about 10 minutes before we made it home! Oh well...she's cute sleeping too :) And it was nice having her quiet, so that Roger and I could concentrate on talking to each other instead of on her (I feel like a bad mom for saying that).

Now, we're home and Roger is back outside working. We decided to go out to dinner tonight too so I have even more time to relax.
Overall, we had a great weekend and I feel totally rejuvinated and ready to conquer the week ahead.

Tomorrow is my first day at the Army Corps of Engineers...I'm not that nervous, but I am a little anxious.

I'll write about my first day later.

No comments:

Post a Comment