Monday, February 1, 2010

Long Walks and Late Nights

Roger is pretty handy. He can fix or build just about anything. Not only does he regularly make improvements to our house, but he's also always willing to lend a hand to a friend in need. Tonight that friend was Barbara...in need of an outlet to plug in her new tv (one she hasn't actually purchased yet). We decided that it would be fun to hang out a little bit while Roger was working, so after work, I met him and Kaelyn at her house downtown.

We decided to take Kaelyn and her dog, Andiamo, for a walk. I needed both the exercise and to break in the new running shoes that Roger bought me for Christmas (yes, I realize it's February)! Considering the weather we've been having lately, the night was actually perfect. A little chilly and a lot refreshing. The three miles we did seemed more like a short walk in the park.

After our walk and once Roger was finished, we decided to run down to the corner bistro and grab dinner. It was nice to actually hang out and do something besides errands after work. Going out was once a daily occurance for me, but I haven't had the energy in so long. Even now, it's only 9:30 and I'm thinking that I need to go to bed.

But, as tired as I am, I'm learning that having Kaelyn does not stop me from doing the things I used to do. It's a little more challenging, but she's easy to take places. In the four short months she's been with us, we have taken her shopping several times, to several parties, to friends' houses, and for long drives. Having us as parents, she's going to have to be a good at being on the go. The "mild" outings we've had with her so far has proven that as long as she can eat when she's hungry, she's good. A happy-go-lucky girl, just going with the flow!

I think I'm ready to try a longer trip with her. Maybe a day trip to a winery or an overnight stay somewhere. We already have plans to take her camping, across the continent to visit two sets of grandparents, and to Europe...all this year! Our trips are going to get more complicated, so I guess it's time to do some practice runs a little more local. Now that I know how "easy" it is to both have a baby and keep up (almost) with Roger's and my old life style, I can't wait to get on the move again. But until then, I need sleep...the morning still come way too fast.

Good night and God Bless!

BS

No comments:

Post a Comment