Friday, September 3, 2010

TGIF!

It's been a pretty stressful week.  I inherited a complicated project with a lot of not so great history at work.  We are turning it around and I get great satisfaction from that...the problem is, when you inherit a troubled project, there is usually a host of "challenging" people and personalities to go along with it.  This one is no exception.

It being a stressful week pretty much means that I bring my work personality home with me.  I hate doing this and usually use the drive home to decompress.  When I've had bad days at work, the short drive between home and my office usually isn't enough.  That means that at home, little things bother me and become a bigger deal than they really are.  This happened yesterday.  The bed was unmade, Kaelyn's clothes were dirty, there were dishes in the sink.  Nothing horrible, but those are the things that will really cause a funk when my mood is already bad.  In my single days, when the work mood followed me home, I would stay away from people.  Not go out with friends, not answer the phone...in other words, I could not subject my friends to my bad mood.  I don't have that luxury anymore.

Luckily, my beautiful, happy, smiling daughter melted the frustration away and we had a mellow night.

I'm so happy it's Friday!  I need the long weekend more than ever.  I have a wedding shower to go to tomorrow and Roger and I are planning on a taking a day trip somewhere on Sunday. 

We hired a property manager for the rental house yesterday.  I'm pretty happy about this because neither Roger nor I want to deal finding new tenants after our current ones move out at the end of the month.  I'm happy to pay someone to take care of things at the house for us.  But, this means that we'll likely not be renting the house furnished.  And that means that we have to go get our stuff out and have a garage sale.  I'm not looking forward to this at all, but it's necessary and it's good.  I have a feeling we'll be over there this weekend and next.  Add some more big stuff to an already full month!

I'm hoping that today, being the Friday before a long weekend, won't be as bad as yesterday.  Most people should be off and those at work will just be looking forward to being off...that hopefully means I can guarantee that I will be happy and relaxed when I come home and can start this great weekend off right!

No comments:

Post a Comment