Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September

I can't believe it's already September!  This year has gone by amazingly fast...I just want to slow down time.  How many people feel that way the first year of their child's life?

That year is almost over.  In three weeks, we'll be celebrating Kaelyn's birthday.  One.  I  can't believe it.  I swear she was born yesterday.  She has changed and grown so much over the course of this last year.

Traditionally, we have a lot that goes on this month.  The annual Virgo party (now, we actually have a Virgo to bring), my birthday, The Jazz and Blues Festival (we went the day before Kaelyn was born last year), getting ready for the fall/holiday season.  Now, we get to add our daughter's birthday to the mix.

I've always loved September.  Not because it's my birth month, but because it's the month of impending change.  The last month of summer, the start of the "work holiday" season, hints of fall just around the corner.  September is on the brink.  To me it holds the newness, freshness, and excitement of the impending season.  By the time the New Year rolls around, I'm usually grateful that the holiday season is over...life can be normal again...but in September, I'm excited for it.  I start thinking about Halloween costumes, parties, Thanksgiving feasts, Christmas shopping.   None of it stresses me out in September.  We get to kick off the excitement of fall with a couple of birthdays and road trips.  What could be better?

I'm looking forward to the upcoming long weekend.  I feel like I need.  Kaelyn has been sleeping better the last few days, which is nice.  I'm hoping to get some rest this weekend and we're hoping to take a family road trip one of the days.  I have a friend's wedding shower to go to, and lots of yummy food to cook.  Can't wait to officially kick off my favorite month of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment