Sunday, April 25, 2010

Back Home

I made it home safe and sound around lunchtime on Friday. Roger and Kaelyn picked me up from the airport and then the three of us went to lunch. Afterwards, I took the best nap ever. I was exhausted and just sitting on my own bed was all I needed to fall into a deep restful sleep. Roger and Kaelyn sleeping beside me made it all the better!

Yesterday was relaxing as well. I got up earlier than both Roger and Kaelyn and did my normal saturday morning cleaning. I fed Kaelyn when she woke up (about 45 min after I did), then made Roger and I Greek omelets for breakfast. The weather was beautiful, so we decided to eat outside. It was later in the morning and Kaelyn was already down for her late morning nap, so Roger and I got the rare morning time to relax and talk.

The afternoon was busy for Roger. He cleaned out the garage and did some work in the backyard, while Kaelyn and I relaxed on the back porch and watched Julie and Julia (great movie). Roger was hosting a poker game at a chili cookoff event, so we spent the evening with friends, eating and playing poker. Kaelyn loved all the attention she got and was, to my great relief, very well behaved. She played with the other guests and then fell asleep without too much fuss. We got home late and didn't get to bed until around 1:30am, but the sleep was still good. Kaelyn is up with me and Roger is sleeping in.

We are starting the 6 week body makeover today. I'll keep this blog updated on our progress (although I doubt I'll include actual weight). Be prepared for me to be in a bad mood the next week or so as I adjust to eating less food than I normally do. I'm hoping to stay motivated throughout though.

I'm so happy to be home. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment