Thursday, April 22, 2010

Last night in Charlotte

I'm going home tomorrow! I can't wait to see Roger and precious Kaelyn. My heart longs for both of them.

I started this trip a bit down. And I've been down the entire time I've been here. My intention was to be a recluse. Go to class during the day and spend the evenings in my hotel room, on the phone with Roger and reading a book. Instead, I met some wonderful people. I was lucky to be in a group of people that were outgoing, funny, nice, and hard working. We ate dinner together every night...lunch together every day. I gained friendships I never intended to. This has been a much more positive experience than I thought it would be.

I'm almost through my first trip without Kaelyn. Hopefully, I won't have another one for a long time and when I do, I hope they will be few and far between. Tomorrow I see both my loves again. My heart will whole. I pray for safe travel for all of us returning to our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment